Chiang Mai Local Tours
Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle Explorer
Available Daily; This tour includes Chiang Dao Cave, Thaton Temple, Chinese Village of Doi Mae Salong (formerly known as KMT), 5 Different Hill Tribes and Karen with Long Neck, Thai/ Burma Border, Golden Triangle, Boat to Laos, Ancient city of Chiang Sean, The great Black House and White temple of Thailand’s National Artists.
The things you’ll love
- Choice of Transportation: Comfortable air-conditioned minivan with 9, 10, or 13 seats, or small passenger vehicle are all available depending on the size of your group.
- An English speaking guide – knowledgeable and certified by TAT (the Tourism Authority of Thailand).
- Hotel accommodations for 1 night in Chiang Rai.
- All admission fees at per mentioned.
- Meals (1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner).
- Round trip transportation from the airport is available upon request.
- Accident insurance
- Drinking water and fresh cold towel in the car during the trip.
Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle Explorer
Description: This tour starts and finishes in Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai
· Pick up from your hotel and then drive to Chiang Rai
· Stop at Maekhachan Hot Spring and enjoy some coffee while you soak your feet in the soothing mineral water.
· Stop at Rong Khun Temple (White Temple). A contemporary Buddhist temple that was design by Chalermchai Kositpipat as a glimpse of heaven. Construction started in 1997 with the goal of creating a tourist destination in the small town that Kositpipat was raised consisting of 13 buildings. The construction continues to this today.
· Visit Chiang Sean one of the oldest cities in Northern Thailand. Built in 545, the city holds several ancient ruins including Wat Che Di Luang.
· Have lunch at The Golden Triangle
· Enjoy a speed boat over the Mae Khong River a see where the three countries meet.
· Make a stop at the Opium House and learn about this dark time in Thailand history.
· In the afternoon visit Mae Sai a popular town on the border of Myanmar (Burma). Stroll around its local market and see the most northern pint in Thailand.
· Arrive Chiang Rai and check in to the hotel
· Have dinner at the local restaurant. Afterwards shop at the night market on your leisure.
* Lunch and Dinner Included
Chiang Rai- Chiang Mai
· Breakfast at hotel
· Visit the famous Black Temple or the house and museum of National Artist - Dr. Thawan Duchanee. The museum has an impressive collection of animal remains such as an elephant skeleton, shark jaws, snake skins, and more all displayed in an artistic manner. It also consists of various black colored buildings constructed in the style of a Thai temple.
· Drive to Maesalong Chinese Village (Ex Kuomintang) and visit the local market to see a daily life of Chinese and hill-tribes people. See them trading and try some of their locally grown tea.
· Have lunch at the local restaurant
· Visit Hill tribes village and see Akha, and Karen with their Long Neck
· Leave for Ban Tha Ton and visit Wat Tha Ton Chinese/Thai temple for a superb view of the Kok River and Burma border. The temple complex includes four huge statues of the Buddha, two in typical Thai style and two showing Chinese influence. One of these, the Standing Buddha, is over 35 feet (10 meters) tall.
· Explore Chiang Dao Cave and the temple that lies within.
· Arrive Chiang Mai
* Breakfast and Lunch Included
6 Inthawarorot Rd.,T. Sripoom Muang Chiang Mai 50300 THAILAND
*Conditions apply: All prices are quoted in AUD including all taxes and service charges. All rates are quoted on double occupancy, per package, unless otherwise stated. Prices are from and subjected to availability, and are not guaranteed until the booking is completed and confirmed by the hotels and tour operators. The currency converter is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and real time; actual rates may vary. The hotels and tour operators reserve the right to adjust the prices based on currency fluctuation. For reservations, booking enquiries, other hotel and tour information including cancellation and refund policy, please contact the hotels and the tour operators directly.