TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tourism Authority of Thailand offers an exclusive competition for those participating in Color Run Australia 2019 to get a chance to win a family holiday to Thailand. The prize includes 4 (four) return economy flights to Bangkok with Scoot and four nights’ accommodation at Sea Sand Sun Garden Villas Two Bedrooms in Pattaya, Thailand for 4 people, including breakfast daily.
Terms and Conditions
1.Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a game of skill.
2.Entry is open to all residents of Australia participating in Color Run Australia 2019. However, employees and their immediate families of Tourism Authority of Thailand, IMG and their associated companies are not eligible to enter.
3.The competition commences on the 18th August 2019 at 07:01 (AEST) and concludes on the 24th November 2019 at 13:00 (AEST).
4.To enter, participants must:
- Participate in one of the Color Run Australia 2019 – Gold Coast 18th August 2019, Perth 20th October 2019, Sydney 10th November 2019, or Melbourne 24th November 2019.
- Enter your details and answer the question “Why would you want to win a Thailand holiday, what are your top 3 things to do there?” in 25 words or less via iPad at the Amazing Thailand’s zone within Color Run Finish Festival.
- Participants can enter one entry per person only, except when you present the golden ticket(s) at the Amazing Thailand’s zone.
- There are 30 golden tickets hidden within the Color Run courses. Participants can increase your chance to win this holiday by finding these golden tickets. One golden ticket equals an extra 100 entries into the competition (usually capped at 1 entry per person).
- Participants must consent to IMG providing your contact details to Tourism Authority of Thailand and Scoot, you may receive E-Newsletters from TAT and Scoot.
5.Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
6.Inaudible, incomprehensible and illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7.Entrants (including winner) in the competition may only enter once during the Competition.
8.The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
9.The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
10.The prize include:
10.1. Four (4) nights’ accommodation at Sea Sand Sun Garden Villas Two Bedrooms in Pattaya, Thailand for 4 people, including breakfast daily for one lucky winner.
- Travel must be completed by 31 October 2020 and cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Room is subject to availability, with blackout period between 20 December 2019 – 20 January 2020.
- Reservation must be sent to email@example.com.
- Reservation must be made at least 7 days in advance.
- Hotel voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or refund. This prize is strictly non-transferable and non endorsable.
- Hotel voucher must be presented at the resort upon arrival.
- It is winner’s responsibility to ensure their travel documents are in order and up to date.
10.2. Four (4) Economy “FlyBag” return tickets from Australia to Bangkok on Scoot-operated flights only. Interline or multi-city flights are not permitted.
- The tickets are not eligible for Economy “Fly”, Economy “FlyBagEat” or ScootBiz. You will not be able to upgrade your ticket(s) to ScootBiz during booking. Subject to availability, you may do so at check-in or on-board, in which case you will have to pay any applicable upgrade fees/charges.
- The tickets include the cost of air fare, taxes and 20kg check in baggage allowance per passenger only.
- The tickets are not eligible for frequent flyer mileage accrual and cannot be used in conjunction with any other upgrade awards.
- Where you have received more than one (1) ticket as your prize, all tickets may only be redeemed for passengers travelling on the same itinerary/flights. All passengers must travel together on the entire itinerary. Separate bookings and open-jaw travel are not permitted.
- Passengers shall be responsible to ensure that they have all necessary visa and any other travel documents/ approval(s).
- If you have received return tickets as your prize but have only redeemed/booked a one-way journey or for one (01) passenger, your return ticket becomes void for further use; you must book both flights in one itinerary. Similarly, if you have received tickets for two (2) or more passengers as your prize, and have only redeemed/booked flights for some but not all passengers, the remaining ticket(s) become void for further use; you must book flights for all passengers in one itinerary.
- Your tickets must be redeemed at least thirty (30) days before the departure date of your preferred flight.
- Travel must be completed no later than 31 October 2020. Extension is not permitted and request(s) for extension will not be entertained.
- Once you have your plans ready, please write to Goodies@flyscoot.com at least 30 days in advance of your intended departure date using the subject header “I’m the Color Run AU FLYBAG Winner” and include a copy of this letter, your preferred travel dates* and the following details in your email:
- Last Name (Surname) as per passport
- First Name (Given Name) as per passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Country of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Home Address
- Contact Number (Mobile and Home/Business)
Please note that if you do not sufficiently provide the details required as stated above, there may be a delay in the processing of your booking, for which Scoot will not be responsible.
The Goodies Team will respond to your email within 10 working days (or earlier) to assist with your booking. Please do not send multiple email requests as that will result in your email being sent to the end of the response queue; the Goodies Team responds to email in the order it was received. You will receive a redemption confirmation email after your booking has been completed. To secure your booking, please email the Goodies Team early as seats are subject to availability and not guaranteed until payment is received in full and an itinerary receipt is emailed to you.
* For flight schedule/ timing, refer to FlyScoot.com. Due to the volume of redemptions the Goodies Team has to process daily, the team will not be able to entertain scheduling enquiries.
- Travel is subject to availability of seats for redemption and on a first-come-first-served basis. Seats available for redemption are limited and separate from seats available for commercial purchase, i.e. if a seat is available for a given flight on com or our Call Centre, it may not necessarily be available for redemption. Seats are not available for redemption during blackout periods which includes, but not limited to the following dates. Kindly check with The Goodies Team for dates beyond Feb 2020.
- 20 Sep 19 – 15 Oct 19
- 18 Oct 19 – 27 Oct 19
- 01 Dec 19 – 05 Feb 20
- Scoot does not accept any responsibility in the event that you are unable to book a redemption flight or unable to travel.
- Once booked, flight(s) may not be changed, re-routed, cancelled, refunded or credited toward other flights for any reason whatsoever. Name change is also not permitted.
- Ancillary products and services (e.g. travel insurance, extra baggage, etc.), excluding meals, may be added up to 4 hours before departure through the “Manage My Booking” tool on com, or by contacting our Call Centre. Meals may only be added up to 72 hours before departure.
- You will have to pay for all required surcharge, as well as any and all ancillary products and services including, but not limited to, travel insurance, extra baggage, meal upgrade, payment processing fees, etc.
- Full payment, if any, must be made within 48 hours of the issuance of the redemption confirmation email. Extension is not permitted, and reminders will not be sent. Failure to make payment within the stipulated time frame will result in the tickets being forfeited and booking being cancelled. In such an event, you will not be allowed to re-book/redeem your prize ticket(s). Scoot may, at its sole discretion and subject to seat availability, reinstate the cancelled booking at an administrative fee of SGD$100.00 (or equivalent) per passenger.
- All payment must be made using American Express, Visa or MasterCard only. Payment through AXS, POLi, Alipay or any other methods are not valid and constitutes a breach of the terms and conditions and will result in your booking being cancelled without any refund.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable, and will be void if bartered, exchanged, bought or sold.
- Prize tickets have no cash value. No cash or credit alternative will be offered if the tickets are not redeemed.
- Scoot reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions without notice, at any time.
- Scoot also reserves the right to cancel your booking, even if payment has been made, in the event of any breach of the terms and conditions and you will forfeit the prize and any payment made without refund, and you acknowledge that Scoot has no liability to you.
- All travel pursuant to prize tickets shall be subject to Scoot’s prevailing terms and conditions, policies, regulations and conditions of carriage as may be set out in the respective prize tickets or such other document evidencing the same, unless expressly notified otherwise by Scoot.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the terms set out herein and in Scoot’s prevailing terms and conditions, policies, regulations and conditions of carriage on the one hand, and any terms and conditions issued by the organiser of the competition/event/activity through which you won the prize ticket(s) on the other hand, the terms of the former shall prevail.
- By submitting a redemption request, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
11.Total prize value is up to AU$5,500 for the luckiest winner (GST excluded)
12.If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
13.The winner will be drawn from all entries received throughout the duration of the competition period by a panel at Tourism Authority of Thailand, Suite 20.02, Level 20, 56 Pitt Street Sydney NSW 2000, Australia, on 2nd December 2019 at 17:00 (AEST).
14.The winner will be notified through the email they provided for Color Run and will be announced via Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HugThailand
15.Winner must confirm their prize acceptance within 1 week (7 days) upon the announcement/receiving the winning email.
16.In the event that for any reason whatsoever the winner is unable to confirm their acceptance in writing to the Promoter within one week or unable to accept the prize, the Promoter will select a second in line for this competition and will contact this winner via email on the 10th December 2019.
17.The promoter’s draw is final.
18.In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
19.The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
20.The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
21.If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
22.All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion.
23.It is a condition of entry that the promoter has the right to publicise the names, characters, likenesses or voices of any contestants for any promotion or matter incidental to the competition. The winners may also be required by the promoter to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledges that the promoter has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit, unless that person advises the promoter at the time of entering the competition that he/she wishes to retain his/her anonymity. Contestants also acknowledge that their photo may be used for a promotional display at the prize provider’s location. Contestants consent to their entry being published or broadcasted.
24.By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
25.Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
26.The Promoter is Tourism Authority of Thailand (ABN: 36192995128) of Suite 20.02, Level 20,56 Pitt Street Sydney NSW 2000, Australia firstname.lastname@example.org